Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back From My Break!

This past week I took a little break from blogging to catch up on summer activities, catch up with friends and family, and organize all of the inspiration and ideas that jump around in my brain! Here's a little recap of what I did on my blog-cation!

I went to Boston for a couple of days to visit two of my sisters and their families. Here I am on the rooftop pool at The Colonnade with my sister, Suzanne, and my adorable niece, Alanna. I am wearing my 1960's green and white striped bikini under the matching cover up. I wish I had a photo of the bikini for you, but I don't. Once I got in the pool I practically forgot I had a camera. It was a short but sweet visit!

I had lunch with friends. We looked glamorous, but we didn't smoke!

I went to the beach! But with a friend, not a monkey doll!

And I shopped, which I don't need a blog-cation to do but I just had more time to peruse, focus, and pounce! Here's what I bought:


A vintage lingerie pattern! I've got some wonderful lingerie project ideas in my head! Coming soon!
From: Blue Cat Vintage


A vintage wrap dress pattern! Much like the popular Swirl dresses! I can't wait to try this one!
From: Patterns From Grandma

Vintage Ruched Pillow Pattern. All of a sudden I am obsessed with these pillows. Think how pretty will they be in satin or taffeta!
From: Patterns From Grandma

I am re-doing my throw pillows. I am in the process of sewing up new covers for them, but this one I couldn't resist buying. That velvet and silk fabric is stunning!
From: The Home Centric

Did I mention I am obsessed with these ruched pillows? I bought a vintage white velvet one!
From: Bliss Vintage

I bought this beautiful 1950's taffeta at the flea and turned it into two new throw pillows! I love this fabric! I have 3 more pillows to sew up in different fabrics, will post pics when all is finished.


And on a silly note I finally got a hold of some Bumpits! I need to practice a bit more but they actually work really well with my thick and very straight hair! I've been waiting and waiting for them to be available in the drug stores here and I finally found them!


5 comments:

Ashe Mischief said...

The bumpit looks so amazing!

Also, I totally had to add those etsy sellers to my favorites... especially that gorgeous damask pillowcase!

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Oh that rose fabric is lovely. And I love your hair with the bumpit. Welcome back, I missed you.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

A said...

I've been debating trying bumpits myself, but not sure if they would work well with my funny head :)

Witchcrafted Life said...

That vintage rose fabric is too gorgeous for words, I would have pounded on it (and the velvet pillow) in a heartbeat, too! :)


Wishing you a beautiful Monday & week ahead!
♥ Jessica

Modern-Day Ma said...

oohhh! i LOVE those vintage ruched pillow patterns, my great grandmother made two from cranberry velvet and a champagne colored satin,(a early childhood memory of mine)I've always thought they were soo romantic looking. i'd love to try making one myself too!