Edited by Debutante Clothing
The caliber of blog posts amongst the IFB members never ceases to amaze me. We run the gamut of style and fashion here. This week’s picks definitely appeal to the dueling femmes in me – the old fashioned gal and the powerful feminist. The debutante in me loved all the lovely posts about pearls including modern choices from Fashion Hippo, as well as the history of Mikimoto pearls by Fabulous Finds Gal. But nothing makes me clutch my pearls more than affordable Chanel looks by HiFashion. The feminist in me was thrilled to see smart posts about smart girls and smart fashion. Threadbared talks about academia and fashion, while 39th and Broadway explores the continuing inequality even within such a female driven industry like fashion. Enjoy!
Links à la Mode : August 6th
- 39th and Broadway: – Women are the backbone of the fashion industry, yet inequality reins supreme
- A Few Goody Gumdrops: – lets out her inner rockstar with Alexander McQueen’s Skull Knuckle Duster Whipsnake Clutch in Red! To-Die-For!
- A typical Atypical: – The Phenomena of “The Sale”
- Debutante Clothing: – contributes back to school style for “Hot for Teacher” at Style Sample Magazine
- Dramatis Personae: – reviews the B&Lu Femme Dress.
- Fabulous Finds and Co. – Mikimoto Pearls – The Story Behind The Cadillac Of Pearls.
- Fashion Hippo: – Modern Pearl Necklaces that aren’t your grandma’s pearls
- Fashion Talk by Lovely Lovisa: – I am the Resurrection
- fête à fête: – Get plumper lips with Givenchy Le Makeup’s new Gloss Interdit collection. Also, lip gloss giveaway to three lucky readers!
- Hi Fashion – Coco avant Chanel – how to get the Chanel look for less
- Individual Chic: – What makes a good ballet flat
- Retro Chick: – Iconic British Union Jack style.
- The Capitol Fashionista – Arise Magazine – the magazine that keeps you informed about what’s happening in Africa and around the globe.
- The Coveted: – Review of the New Bobbi Brown Nude Collection with Video Tutorial
- The Demoiselles: – Elle gets bombarded with subversive, negative advertising by Estee Lauder, and decides to take action.
- The Fashion Planner: – shows you how to build your back to school wardrobe
- The Recessionista: – Happy 80th to Jackie and Mad Men’s Casting Call for that 60’s look
- Threadbared: – Pondering the mutual near-exclusivity of academic fashion studies and style blogs
- Unfunded: – unveils Creative Recreation’s new women’s line.
- Work Chic: – get 10% off Fit in Clouds foldable flats