Ethics and Morality in Fashion City
Edited by Ashe Mischief
This week’s Links á la Mode covers the gambit in regards to the ethical and moral questions surrounding fashion right now…. we have Confessions of a Fashion Editor’s take on fashion blogging & paid posts, and Oranges and Apples reports on a German magazine’s ban of professional models. threadbared talks about Lara Stone, French Vogue, and the controversial use of blackface in recent issue, while Hong Kong Fashion Geek revisits the argument about fashion, price discrimination, and designer knock-offs as Alexander McQueen sues Steve Madden.
As usual, there was a spectacular round-up of links in the forum as well, all worthy of checking out!
Links à la Mode : October 15th
- Confessions of a Fashion Editor – Morality, the law, and fashion blogging
- Denimaniac: – Best Denim Shops Q&A with LA’s Mister Freedom
- dramatis personae – Costumes from Holidays Past…
- ferOHHHsh: – Champagne from a shoe?? J’Taime Le Rituel!
- From Betsy With Love – Bringing some Lynchian Style to the Web!
- Grit and Glamour – Manscaping 101: Guys should groom, not preen. A little chest hair never hurt (but a shaved chest does).
- Hong Kong Fashion Geek – What’s the harm in Steve Madden doing an Alexander McQueen knockoff? Is it really sue-worthy?
- idiosyncratic style: – Idiosyncratic Style: Dare to put your legs center stage this season.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Poll : How do you feel about Sponsored Posts?
- Large Black Diary: – Austie has a beautiful collection of hair accessories
- Oranges and Apples: – German magazines bans professional models – an in-depth disussion
- Prom Mafia – Betsey Johnson does DC.
- Rags to Reverie: – Five tips for shopping at an American Apparel Flea Market
- Retro Chick – Lusious Lingerie: Vintage Style from Fred & Ginger
- sweetarchivia: – Review of Man Shops Globe event held at the San Francisco Anthropologie store
- The Art of Accessories: – The Art of Accessories shows you how to accessorize your winter wardrobe with tights.
- THE COVETED – SPUN Around: Integrating organic basics in your wardrobe.
- The Curvy Fashionista – The Business of Plus Size Fashion: Blogger turned boutique owner Marie Denee discusses the growth of plus size fashion.
- The Working Wardrobe – Virtual Dress Code: How Professionalism is Working its Way into the Avatar Wardrobe
- the3st: – The First EVER Philadelphia Fashion Week is this week. Interview with the directors of the week:
- threadbared: – We react to the recent Lara Stone editorial in French Vogue in “Blackface, and the Violence of Revulsion.”
- mode.ulation: – Mode-ulation is back from hiatus..we bring you a quick glance through Paris fashion week with the cutest trend – the updated toga.