Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Vintage Finds of the Week: Beaded Cardigans

I have always loved vintage beaded cardigans from the 50's. I have a few in my personal collection that I wear both casually with jeans or as an insulating layer over a party dress. The bead work often has a wintery holiday sparkly feel to them which makes them even more appealing this time of year. Here are a few I've discovered on Etsy for this week's vintage finds:

Ice Blue Sparkle Cardigan 1950s Lambswool Sweater Hand Beaded Sequins-$40-Joules

50's Red Beaded Lambswool Cardigan Sweater Pearls-$50-littlethingsvintage


Elegant Lavishly Beaded Vintage Cashmere Cocktail Cardigan-$54-Anna Carina Vintage

10 comments:

Joules said...

I love these pretty beaded cardigans styles too! They really do come in handy, for so many occasions in the winter time, as you say. Thank you, for featuring one of mine, dear Bobbins and Bombshells.

styling fabulous said...

so pretty! also such an easy way to glam up a look...and as you said...great with jeans or a cocktail dress...love!
www.fabulousfinds-elena.blogspot.com

Anna Carina Vintage said...

Beautiful! Joules' ice blue beaded cardigan is to-die-for! Wow!

Thanks for including an Anna Carina Vintage example. I love your blog!

MrJeffery said...

these are so pretty. love the blue.

Lesley Ann said...

I could just smack myself for buying these when I would go to Salvation Army or Goodwill back in college-they were so cheap then!

Treacle said...

Oh my goodness...these are great finds! I ran across a vintage faux fur trimmed cardigan awhile back...now I wish I'd bought it. It would have been perfect for this weather!

Maggi said...

These are gorgeous! I would love to have them in my collection!

My new vintage blog: Circle 7-2099

Kim @ The Girl Can't Help It said...

Hi, Karen!
What a fab collection-o-sweaters! (And thank you so much for featuring my pink flame cardy! You rock! xo)

heavensentvintage said...

GORGEOUS finds! If you feel like some fun research, look up Helen Bond Carruthers' sweaters and her life's work. I was lucky to come across 2 of her sweaters in the past 10 years and they are really something to admire.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

These are ALL gorgeous! It's hard to pick one that falls into my favorite...I'd love to own them all!