Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Vintage Vanity: Shoes

I'm excited for this new feature here at Bobbins and Bombshells called My Vintage Vanity. In it I will be showcasing some of my favorite vintage items from my own closet and home! It will alternate every so often with the On My Wishlist segments. While I am always coveting some fabulous item out there that I can't afford, I also do extremely appreciate all that I have! I would also LOVE to share some of YOUR favorite vintage items and scores from your fabulous vintage collections! If you would like to participate drop me an email with "My Vintage Vanity" in the subject to be considered. My email is femmefatalevintage@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Today I am showcasing my vintage shoes. Being a tall gal with size 10 feet I find myself lusting after vintage shoes more than purchasing them. Trust me when I say these were very hard to find! After ALL of my years buying vintage I only have two pairs!
Above are my late 40's early 50's black leather and suede slingbacks. I found these at Beacon's Closet here in Brooklyn for under $20. I nearly died when they fit!

And these beauties are my favorite. I bought these rhinestone studded gunmetal 50's pumps at Hollywood Regency Vintage in Phoenix, AZ. They are amazingly comfortable! I am lucky my foot is narrow or my chances of fitting into either of these shoes would be even slimmer.

2 comments:

MrJeffery said...

love the studded ones! good finds.

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Both gorgeous pairs!