The End of Summer? No! The Beginning of Awesome!
For the past week I've been listening to Cee-Lo Green's fantastic send-off, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAV0XrbEwNc&has_verified=1, and little else. At the same time I've been reading a lot of the hand-wringing in the press about bloggers and whatever are we going to do about them, along with our responses both here and on our blogs. And the two have combined in my head to form a single determination - bloggers need more swagger. I don't mean anger, of the you-don't-respect-us variety, or apologetics, of the we-are-as-legitimate-as-other-media variety. I mean swagger, the kind of swagger that comes from doing something well and knowing you're good at it. So whatever other themes might knit together this week's links, they all share that important characteristic - swagger. Step up to the plate, knock it out of the park.
Links à la Mode: September 2nd
- A la Modest - The Mystery and the Magnificent Monki
- All Tumbled Down - Fancy Style File
- Any Second Now - My Fashionable Heritage
- A Pretty Penny - Fashion Fitness and Floggers
- Awakened Aesthetic - To Covet: Cold Comfort
- Beautifully Invisible - The Corset: The Sexiest of Sexy Shapewear
- Beyond Fabric - Size and Fit: Shirts
- Bright Lights, Big Style - Losing Style in Fashion
- Chic Steals - Long-awaited Interview Outfit
- Fashion Cents - When to Alter Your Clothing
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: How Blogging Changed My Life
- My Closet in Sketches - Outfit Sketch
- Oranges and Apples - Thinking About Aging
- Ramblings With Rin - Before Meets After
- The Coveted - Design Your Own Shoes With Jeff Silverman
- The Demoiselles - Millenials: We Are the Revolution
- The Fashionista Lab - The Emmys: Red Carpet Recap
- The Lingerie Addict - Is Expensive Lingerie Worth the Cost?
- The Pursuers - Cheer Up, Margot
- The Sunday Best - Let Them Eat Bread
- What She Should Have Worn - Copy Cats