Friday, October 15, 2010

Weekend Reading: Links A La Mode

links a la mode

Coats on!


Edited by: Florrie Clarke of Intrinsically Florrie
Change is literally in the air, bringing with it the cold and rain that requires a wardrobe transition. I must confess to being ill prepared myself and as a consequence have been drenched in the freezing cold. Time to get out your boots and coat because fall is well and truly here. I may stick stubbornly to my floral dresses all year round, but the difference is in the layers. So I'm on the look out for fabulous tights and there are a couple of lovely posts to help me choose or even DIY my own style.


Links à la Mode: October 14th



  • Beautifully Invisible: The Art of Fashion Photography, as told by guest contributor Casee Marie

  • Best of bklyn: A guide to looking great on rainy days.

  • Broke & Beautiful: Kelli Murray proves that fashion and style are both forms of art.

  • Clothed Much: Blogging tips I've learned after a year and a half of blogging

  • Dramatis Personae: If I Were Another Person- What would you wear if you were someone else?

  • Forever Amber: My discovery of style blogging has also led to a discovery of places around my town that I didn't even know existed

  • Grit and Glamour: Friend Friday: Sticks, Stones, Comments, Criticism, and Kindness

  • Independent Fashion Bloggers: Bloggers Talk Monetizing Sites

  • Intrinsically Florrie: A backstage look at the London Season debutantes of 2010 at the Queen Charlotte's Ball, featuring Pronovias wedding dresses and Mikimoto jewelry.

  • Leia's Delights: Tutorial on how to enhance curly/wavy hair

  • Love Brown Sugar: Why spend your hard-earned dollars on trends that will fade away next season? A Guide To Thrifting Trends

  • Make the World a Prettier Place: A selection of beautiful vintage-inspired dresses

  • Malvestida: I came across the idea of making a photoshoot about two of the things I love the most: music and fashion.

  • Oranges and Apples: Beauty Essentials: Nivea Creme

  • Other Dutch Animals: Mad men and English women: reject the high maintenance of the past and do vintage your way

  • Skinny Purse: How To Wear Tights - Fall's Essential Foundation Garment

  • Shrimp Salad Circus: Get that extra mile out of your tights with seven fun and fashionable DIY projects!

  • Style Eyes: Sustainable Clothing - Progress by the UK high street and online retailers since the launch of the sustainable clothing action plan

  • The Citizen Rosebud: The story a a couple of backhanded compliments

  • The Coveted: Is it Fall Yet? What to wear in transitional weather.

  • The New Professional: DIY: Turn an A-line into a pencil skirt.



SPONSOR:


Shopbop Dresses; Jersey, Maxi, Mini, Black, Cocktail, One Shoulder, Work, & Sweater dresses



2 comments:

the Citizen Rosebud said...

I see we are both vintage lovers and proud IFB members. Hello. Nice to "meet" you! I now follow your blog and look forward to your future posts.
-Bella Q
http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you too!!