Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My View: On Top of the Empire State

My Grandparents spent their honeymoon in the 1930's in NYC. I have always adored this elegant photo of them on top of the Empire State Building. The day after my husband and I got married we withstood the long lines and went up to the top of the Empire State to "recreate" this photo.
Once there, we found it impossible to get a full body shot as my Grandparents did. The deck is too narrow and way too crowded. It looks like my Grandparents had the deck to themselves. Also, note the gate that wasn't there in the 30's. Fascinating.
A view of the Chrysler Building. My favorite.

This view is very close to wear my Grandparents were standing. The view hasn't changed that much. I love it!

2 comments:

SaraGardens said...

Aw... lovely! NYC is a very romantic town (for my family, too!).

Unknown said...

It is romantic! Stay-cations here are the best.