Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: Down Memory Lane

The end of the year is always a reflective time. Take a ride with me down the Bobbins And Bombshells Memory Lane as I share with you my favorite posts of 2011 broken down by category. I'd love to know what your favorites were ( click on the category picture to see past posts) and what you'd like to see more of in 2012. 



My favorite project this year was of course the one that took me the longest to make. I am so grateful to be able to knit, crochet and sew again after my hand injury that I called this scarf the "Back to Knitting Scarf" and essentially re-taught myself. I made it for my husband, and being the sweetie he his, he loves it despite all of the imperfections. 



New Year Resolution: Dedicate more time to working on my projects and increase speed! 



I love to share my vintage finds with you all almost as much as I love to vintage shop! My favorite purchase of 2011 was this little blue hat from Bombshell Bettie's

 I wore it to my wedding last May, (the highlight of my year!) as "something old and something blue."



New Year Resolution: God knows I've purchased more vintage than I have posted. I promise to share more of my vintage finds in 2012. 

 I love vintage Vogue magazine covers. They were so creative. The one below is one of my all time faves. 

New Year Resolution: I love fashion, I love history- this is one of my favorite categories. So why didn't I post more this past year? That will change. 


This category is one of the funnest and most inspiring to do. It was really hard to pick a favorite. 
This image here is from a vintage inspired aviation themed shoot and it is truly lovely. 

New Year Resolution: As long as retro looks are still in vogue, I will keep sharing it! Too much fun! 


A girl can dream can't she? In 2011 I dreamt a lot about Prada. Still on my wish list, these Mary Jane boots are amazing! 



A new category where I can share more of my surroundings and experiences with you. Another tough choice, as I shared my wedding with you, a new craft room, and my honeymoon to New Orleans which is my favorite! 


New Year Resolution: Take more photos!! 

And finally, 


Every Wednesday, we need a little inspiration to get us through the rest of the week. One of the saddest events of 2011 was the passing of Elizabeth Taylor. I wasn't a big fan of hers until I saw Butterfield 8 years ago. With news of her death I revisited the always inspiring Elizabeth Taylor in her Oscar winning role. 



Again dear readers, I would love to hear about your favorites! Thanks for all of your support this past year.  I wish you all a healthy and happy 2012!! 

xoxo,
Karen


No comments: