Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My View: Memphis Vacation!

I'm back from my Summer vacation to Memphis!  My husband and I had so much fun spending time with family and learning the rich history of Memphis.  First, we flew into Memphis from New York and took off in our Fiat 500 rental to Giant City State Park, IL for a family reunion. My husband is from Illinois and this was a great retreat from the hustle and bustle of our lives in New York City. 

my view, memphis vacation, bobbins and bombshells

On the road....I can see for miles and miles...

my view, memphis vacation, bobbins and bombshells

Ahh nature! Here I am testing out my new Tres Noir sunglasses by the lake. 

my view, memphis vacation, bobbins and bombshells

After the reunion retreat, my husband and I drove back down south to Memphis. We did some vintage shopping at Flashback. One of the few vintage shops in town, and definitely worth a visit! I bought myself a new sun dress and a fur hat! 

my view, memphis vacation, bobbins and bombshells

Classic Mississippi paddle boat and a fun ride! 

my view, memphis vacation, bobbins and bombshells

We did the Sun Studio tour, the birthplace of rock 'n roll. Here I am in my Trashy Diva dress I got in New Orleans. 



For more snap shots from my vacation, including Graceland (!), check out my Instagram feed. You can follow me there @BobbinBombshell.

Where are you going on your summer vacation? 


No comments: