Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer Drink Recipes!

The vintage ice buckets I bought finally arrived! I bought one for me and one for my boyfriend (see my earlier post here). Sittin' at the post office, they were, with out notice sent to me that they were waiting to be picked up....arghhh! Anyway, now that the at home bar is slowly coming along, I am celebrating with a couple of new drink recipes that fit a vintage world.

My creation is the KIR LILLET FIZZ:

In the largest glass you can find (can you tell I need a drink?) mix 3 parts of Lillet Blanc with 1 part Creme de Cassis over ice. Fill the glass with your favorite Champagne or Sparkling Wine. Stir. Garnish with a lemon wedge.


My BF's creation is THE WILLOUGHBY (in his words):

Mounded lowball glass of cracked ice,
two parts dry white vermouth, five parts Tennessee whiskey ( I like Dickel No. 12 it is not very expensive but tastes great. Merle Haggard did a series of endorsements for them, need I say more?). Finish with a large pinch of finely grated lemon zest and two or three drops of angostura bitters. Stir in glass.
Sips brusquely at first but mellows as the ice melts and the flavors combine, let's you enjoy it's complexity as a slow narrative rather than a sudden snapshot.


Cheers!!

No comments: