Tuesday, February 10, 2009

On My Wishlist: Retro Red Shoes









I love red shoes year round but with Valentine's Day fast approaching they seem very appropriate. I was delighted when I discovered Trashy Diva and their amazing retro shoe collection with a ton of shoes from Re-Mix Vintage as well as other makers. Here are 3 of my favorite red shoes from Trashy Diva that would be added to my Wists at the bottom of this page but there is some kind of blocker on that site not allowing my add button to work. Anyway, if anyone wants to send me a R.A.O.K, I'm a size 10!

From top to bottom:
Re-Mix 'Coco' Single Eyelet High Heel Oxford. Very 1920's! My sister and I call this style "Nun Shoes". I don't know why. I guess they remind us of the shoes the sister's wore when we'd visit our Great Aunt at the Convent in Quebec. I've had several versions of these shoes in my time, these have great vintage details.
Re-mix "Vera Cruz" Tooled Leather Ankle Strap Platform. I've never been a big fan of tooled leather (except when I was a child in the 70's and I coveted my much older sister's brown tooled leather purse) but in red these platforms are smokin'!
Nana 50's Style Satin Heels. These are so Marilyn and so perfect for Valentine's Day. Pair these with your favorite wiggle dress and go! Wallet friendly too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome red shoes for Valentines Day... Perfect match with my new dress!!