Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Vintage Vanity: My Vanity


I was going to do this post solely on my new vintage vanity stool I scored on my recent visit to North Carolina. I bought it for $20 and it is exactly what I've been looking for. It fit nicely in the luggage compartment on the Amtrak train home. My husband carried it back to Brooklyn from Penn Station for me. I might re-upholster it but for now the pale pink is nice. 
What do you think? 




But then I thought, why not showcase my whole vanity. It is in fact vintage from the Deco period and belonged to my Grandmother. Here it is above. Stay tuned for next week and I will show you the entire  bedroom set. 


I also have lot's of vintage goodies on the vanity. You may remember my vintage lipstick holders, there they are. I also have a lovely vintage milk glass lamp I purchased on Etsy. And oh yes! I did get the Estee Lauder Mad Men Creme Blush! I love it! 


Here are my perfumes and jewelry boxes. The doily runner my Grandmother made, I have a bunch of them! 

Do you remember my post about my quilted satin glove box collection? Here they are storing all sorts of things from necklaces, scarves, bracelets, and gloves! 

2 comments:

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Love the new chair! It looks perfect with the rest of your lovely vanity. So much vintage goodness I can't pick which is my favorite.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Unknown said...

Thanks! I love it too!