Friday, March 14, 2014

My Projects: Red Lacy Fingerless Gloves

Currently on my needles are these really fun lacy openwork fingerless gloves! I've been focusing on doing lighter knits with some lace stitches. I started working on a lace shawl, my first in fact.  I don't have any photos of that project yet because I have had to frog it several times and start over. New stitches with a fine sock yarn can test your patience! 
So, I started knitting these gloves. They incorporate some of the same stitches as the lace shawl, but in a DK weight and larger needles. I am loving how they are turning out and they are a lot easier than I thought they would be! 

Right now, they look like mini sweaters! 

Click here for the pattern. They yarn I am using is Knit Picks Swish DK in Serrano. 


No comments: