Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My Projects: Mid-Week WIP's

I don't have as much time as I would like to work on my sewing and knitting projects. Mostly weekends and even those can be limited. So here is a mid-week look at my WIP's.

Queen of Hearts Bikini: I am knitting a bikini for a friend! This pattern is from the first Stitch N Bitch book. I bought that book when I decided to learn how to knit. My friend shrieked with delight when she saw the photo for this pattern and wanted me to make one for her. Well, I finally am! This is my first color work project and I have already completed one heart! The yarn is Cascade Yarns Fixation Solids which is a cotton lycra blend. Perfect for a skimpy bikini. My friend just moved to LA, so this will be perfect for her! 

Tweed Fog: This is one of a pair of fingerless gloves with a glorious cable pattern going down the front. These have been a great exercise for me. Not only am I practicing my cables but I also learned how to knit with the magic loop circular method. It's great, especially since I hate working with double pointed needles.  The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tweed in Wellies Heather that I had leftover in my stash. I'm really loving these gloves and I can't wait to show you the finished product!

No comments: