Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Vintage Vanity: Daniel Green Slippers

You may remember earlier this year I was on the search for vintage boudoir slippers. Having a size 10 shoe size has made this hunt something I thought would be impossible. I came really close to buying the Miss L Fire for What Katie Did repro version, but was having a hard time justifying the cost. I'm afraid, I'm just not that fabulous. Well, what seemed like a holy grail find for me has been found! 


While on a recent trip to Hudson, NY for some antiquing I stumbled upon Five and Diamond Vintage, an adorable little vintage shop off the main street. I bought some vintage slips for myself and as I was about to leave I noticed these Daniel Green beauties in the glass case. Surely, they must be a size 8 if they even look close to my size. 

Much to my surprise they are a 9.5 that I can get my narrow size 10 into! For a fraction of the cost of the Miss L Fire's I didn't skip a beat to grab these! Boudoir slippers are now off of my wish list and in my closet! 

Aren't they gorgeous? 

No comments: