Wednesday, November 26, 2014

On My Wish List: Yarns & Patterns

It's the time of year when we start compiling shopping lists and wish lists. I have to say, I can't seem to get enough yarn. I keep stockpiling new yarns in new textures and colors and my project queue has increased in size dramatically in the past year. Well, that doesn't mean I can't keep dreaming of more yarn and projects! Here's a couple yarns from my Halcyon (a wonderful yarn store in my home state of Maine) wish list and the pattern I would use them for. You can see my full Halcyon wish list here.


This is Cascade Eco Duo. It comes in glorious two tone colors and is made up of Baby Alpaca and Merino wool. I've been super curious to see how this will knit up! 

I'd like to try the Cascade with the lovely Big Herringbone Cowl from Purl Soho. I'm not sure if I'd use the contrast two-tone yarn shown above or a more tone on tone coloration. Either way, I'm sure I will love it! This pattern is also free! 


This yarn is Plymouth DeAire Merino. It's a super bulky weight which will make it a quick knit or crochet plus it's super soft. I love the cream color but it is also available in several vibrant colors. 


I've recently just discovered the Crochet Brioche Sweater from Karen Clements and am in love! This would be perfect in the Plymouth DeAire! I've yet to do a bulky weight crochet project, this might have to be the one. I should add a size Q crochet hook to my wish list, too! 


What crafty supplies, patterns, kits, or otherwise are on your wish list this season? 

Images from Ravelry and Halcyon Yarns.


No comments: