Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Projects: Asphalt Infinity Cowl

I recently finished this super snuggly cowl. I call it the Asphalt Infinity Cowl. 


Last weekend I wore it out for a wintry walk through the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, a place I love to go to get away from the city noise and asphalt! The snow filled garden and covered pond was beautiful. 



Despite the open work, this cowl is warm! 



Pattern: The Openwork Infinity Scarf from Knit 1 LA. Super easy and super quick! One long scarf seemed together to create a loop. This is a free pattern available here.
Needles: Size 19. Big! Wish I had used straight needles to be honest. It was difficult to bring the loops back onto the actual needle. 
Yarn: Knit Picks Biggo in Asphalt Heather. I used two skeins held together. This yarn is super soft and is made up of merino wool and nylon. 
Verdict: I would make more of these in a heart beat and certainly want to test it out with different yarns and colors. It's great to have a quick project on hand when working on a longer more involved one. Also, who doesn't love snuggly scarves when it's 20 degrees outside?  This one is a winner! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! I'm Alex and I was hoping you could answer a quick question I have about your blog, Bobbins and Bombshells! If you could email me back at Alex.d(at)weddingtonway(dot)com that would be great!