Monday, July 13, 2009

My Projects: Custom Wedding Dress

Side Godet Dress Now that the swimsuit cover ups are done, I can fully concentrate on this very special and very exciting project. I have been commissioned to make a wedding dress based on my own design shown above! The Bride to be found me through my Etsy store, The Sparkling Cocktail, where similar styles are for sale. The dress, although made from my own pattern not a vintage one, is very retro inspired with a bias cut skirt and side godets. We decided on the most gorgeous shade of champagne silk charmeuse to replace the black, and a special champagne French lace with a slight metallic silver thread to replace the chiffon in the side godets. The photos below do not give these fabrics justice but will give you an idea. I will show photos of the finished product soon!




4 comments:

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Oh I cant wait to see the finished product. The fabric you both chose is beautiful.

Amanda Reed said...

The fabric is gorgeous! I am looking forward to seeing your finished product! Thanks for sharing!

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

How very exciting! Good luck and I can't wait to see the final product!
xo,
Christina

amaraya said...

YAY! and i'm most excited of all!
looks wonderful so far- you just made my day!

going to paris tomorrow- will think of you and hopefully find the perfect shoes!