Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
The December issue of Vogue UK brings us back to the Surrealistic fashion spreads of the 30's and 40's in the editorial Star Signs. I absolutely love the creativity put into this!
Friday, January 21, 2011
"I have confidence that spring will come again, Besides which you see I have confidence in me"
Edited by Florrie Clarke of Intrinsically Florrie
Within this week's links I kept noticing a resounding honestly in the heartfelt posts. When we blog or choose an outfit we are putting ourselves out there for all to judge, and it's not surprising that doing the activity can have an affect on our confidence for better or for worse, especially when feedback starts coming in.
There's also been a sense of rebellion in the air: from the emergence of the punk style to controversy over Vogue, and in the week that saw the spectacle which is the Golden Globes rises a questioning of what the red carpet is all about.
Links à la Mode: January 20th
- A la Modest Drawing inspiration from Kabukis, Rainbow Brite, Ladytron, and Padmé Amidala while on Tatooine
- Antares: Alfa Scorpii Fashion without mercy: do I have to choose between fashion and my beliefs?
- By Anika Who gets to label me and my worth? I do! An honest account from this curvy fashionista who fiercely supports all of our rights to label, embrace and love our fashionable selves, what ever our size.
- City of Glitter To Cover-up or Not To Cover-up? A post exploring foundation and its role in our self-esteem.
- Crimson Rosella Blogging: A Self-confidence booster?
- Depict This The challenge of wearing vintage clothing in the real world
- Elle Enchanted My take on what bloggers need to consider before accepting a sponsor.
- Fashezine Inspired by Jennine Jacob's post on how fashion blogs will evolve in 2011, I thought I'd try my hand at a video.
- Fashion Limbo Online Christmas Shopping, the Aftermath - on lost packages, refunds and independent retailers.
- Fuyume The demise of the kimono industry.
- Fish Monkey's Writing Stuff Why I don't think that red carpets have any relevance to fashion.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: 5 Tips for Taking Better Photos of Yourself
- Intrinsically Florrie The fashion show that's made me impatient for summer.
- Karma-Style Blog Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj have 'FoF' - Fearlessness of Fashion. Do you?
- My Heart Blogged Falling head over flats. My flats collections, and why you don't see me wearing heels.
- Scarlet Letter Style Why is the fashion world so critical? I have an idea on how to fix it
- The Column of Samantha Tyler Of Punks and their influence on Fashion
- The Fashion Pawn The fourth part of The B.O.B Series discusses all "About You:" Tips for your About You Page.
- The-Loud Mouth Sometimes, garbage piles up: Fashion blogging isn't just a hobby. For some, it can be an emotional release.
- The Taxonomy Of My Wardrobe Three Strikes Vogue - You're Out! Three examples of how the fashion bible is inexcusably out of touch with readers and losing relevance in today's world
- The Simply Luxorious Life Why Not . . . Create Your Own Signature Style?
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
One of my resolutions for 2011 is to really improve my knitting and crochet skills. I am still a novice, re-learning since recovering from my hand injury. Hopefully this year I can whip out some projects like these:
Monday, January 10, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
In With The New
Edited by: The Sunday Best
It's funny how an arbitrary measurement like time can cause us to reassess our lives, make long lists of promises, and end up overpaying for bad parties filled with depressed people staring into their drinks. Just me? Let's start the year off right with a collection of links bursting with new year-y goodness.
Links à la Mode: January 6th
- 55th Street: Twelve months, twelve photos, twelve words
- Analogue Chic: Fashion anomalies - under-the-radar trends from 2010
- Archives: Best of the worst 2010 (photos)
- Awakened Aesthetic: The heiress and the architect
- Brunette Blogging: The blogging flu
- Dramatis Personae: 50 radical New Year's goals
- Elle Enchanted: Tips on being a better blog reader
- Fashezine: Delicate matters (organic cotton)
- Fierce: How an editorial calendar can save you
- Forever Amber: What I learned from a month of wearing dresses
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: 10 Tips To Get Back Into Blogging
- Inkblot*Photography: Sound Off - A note on body image
- Karma-Style: No mutton allowed...
- Miss Vinyl Ahoy: 8 simple rules for mixing patterns
- Moda de la Mode: Let's start a colour revolution
- Naked Glory: Fashion and sex
- Tall Girl Blogging: Remarkably unremarkable - Blogging and body image
- The Cheap Girl in a Chic World: Fashion rules were meant to be broken
- The Coveted: Wearing Summer Dresses in the Dead of Winter
- The Elegant Bohemian: All the glitters
- The Fashion Planner: New Year Detox
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I recently purchased two vintage hats from Bombshell Bettie's on Etsy.
How adorable is this leopard beret?