Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Shop News: Bullet Bras and More!

As you all may be aware, I have real soft spot for vintage lingerie. I have recently added some amazing pieces to my Etsy shop; The Sparkling Cocktail, that I think you are really going to enjoy! You may also remember my love of the bullet bra. I found two truly historic pieces that if they fit me, I wouldn't part with. 


One of those bullet bras is this side wire plunge 1950's "Cheers" by Harriette Ross bra. That's right, the wire is in the center alongside the plunge. No underwire. What I love about this is the strategic darting to create a true conical shape. While trying to find more information on Harriette Ross, I came across this vintage advertisement showcasing the same bra. Now, to find one in all of those colors! You can view the complete listing for this Pin-up Queen here


You know I love vintage slips, and this one is a gem! Mint condition and with the most darling rosebud lace. And that bow! When they say "They don't make things like this anymore" this slip was on their minds! You can see the full listing for this 1950's Barbizon slip here
Bullet bra- No.2. This is a Life-Bra by Formfit. An amazing find due to the fact that it is a longline cinch bra as well. Formfit was a premier lingerie manufacturer in the 40's through the 60's. They released the Life-Bra line as a more affordable model. This vintage ad is pretty close to the one I found- just not as long. Expert stitching give these wireless cones their shape! You can see the full listing for this 1940's Life-Bra here


Lastly, I have this beauty! This 1940's rayon peignoir is not to be missed. Feel like a true hollywood starlet as you float around your dressing room! In a gorgeous antique white it's also a great wedding piece. You can see the full listing of this 1940's Femicraft dressing gown here


No comments: