Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Vintage Vanity: Striped 1960's Bikini and Cover-Up


I have to admit, I'm a little nervous showing my un-photoshopped 40 year old self here in a bikini but this vintage suit is way too cute not to share! From the 60's, this pistachio and soft white striped suit is complete with a matching cover-up and Gidget stylin' top and shorts. Perfect for Coney Island, where these photos were taken. 
I thrifted this amazing un-worn find a few years ago and I love wearing it on my rare days off at the beach (warning: pale skin alert!) 


I love chevron the stripes! 


The 1960's bra shaping here, is the best! 


Detail!


And let us not forget my vintage rhinestoned pink plastic sunnies from ArtDecoDame! 

Would you wear a vintage swim suit? Do you have a vintage suit that is your favorite? 


2 comments:

Lil said...

Wow that bikini and cover up is so lovely, definately too good not to share with us! You look lovely,vintage swim wear is always the best, I have one myself and a couple of vintage inspired ones, which I find are always the most flattering ones too. Oh and I lolve the sunnies!
Isabella xxxx
http://prettydolllface.blogspot.co.uk/
Would be lovely if you couold also check out my page!

Rockabilly Gypsy said...

you look smokin! And I love the color of the bikini!