Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mid-Week Inspiration: Grace Coddington Rides the Subway

Grace Coddington, Vogue magazine's Creative Director, was on the same train as me yesterday on my way home from work.



This is not my photo. Here is Grace photographed by Craig McDean for the January 2013 issue of Interview magazine on the subway.  Grace has been working alongside Anna Wintour at Vogue since 1988. 



She was also a model. The photo above is from her early modeling days. Grace is now 72 years old. She is a major player in the fashion industry here in New York and worldwide. She still works. She is not a fashionista. Fashionable? Yes. Fashionista? No. And she rides the subway. 

That is inspiring! 



Some of my favorite Retro Looks in the Modern World posts are styled by Grace. Have a look here and here

For more inspiration, any day of the week, follow me on Pinterest

No comments: