Thursday, January 30, 2014

Fashionable History: Winter Fashion By Decade- 1920's

Brrrr! It's freezing this winter! When it's cold like this, I live in sweaters, hats and scarves and static un-styled hair. An injection of vintage in my daily life hardly appears. Unlike the Summer when retro dresses are a plenty! That got me thinking more and more about what was fashionable, in the past, in the Winter. Perhaps, I need some inspiration. So for the next few weeks, we are going to explore Winter Fashion By Decade. Starting with the 1920's. If you live in a warm climate-or Southern Hemisphere check out my series of Swimwear By Decade I posted a few years back. 



Women in the 1920's hardly seem bothered by the cold. Silk and knit underwear was popular as well as layers of wool and velvet. 


Wool velour and fur trim! These coats do look warm and glamorous! No goose down and polartec, though like we have today.


The Collegiate sportswear look was becoming popular outside of sports for the first time, as well as on the slopes. Women could be casual in sweaters, tweeds, and argyles during the day.
But of course, glamour girls have got to be glamorous. The bigger the fur trim the better! Many furs popular in the 1920's have become extinct or protected.


Louise Brooks, giving us the ultimate in 1920's winter glamour. I need that coat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design.
Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews