Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fashionable History: Winter Fashion By Decade- 1940's

We're still getting bombarded with snow and freezing temps here in the Northeast and most of the US. Let's have a look at some fabulous winter fashion from the Forties to keep us inspired! If you have been following this Fashionable History series, you've already seen some amazing winter fashion from the 1920's and 1930's.



These smart ladies have fur lined coats and berets. I really love this classic look.


Sometimes though, we need to up the glamour factor. Fur chubbies became popular, especially those wide shoulders and sleeves.


I want to look like this when I go ice skating.


Have you seen the knitted turban I am working on? I love this look. Knitted items like this were very popular, especially with complete matching sets including hats, muffs, and purses. 


Can we discuss these boots? This lady has it all- large fur muff, caplet with a hood, and a wool suit dress suit. Bring on the snow! 

1 comment:

VintageRoseGirl said...

Fabulous!! I'll be wading through slush when I leave for NYC next week, so I don't think my level of glamour will even come close to matching these lovely ladies, but one can always hope!