Friday, February 28, 2014

My Projects: Maple Leaf Turban and Super Speedy Cabled Cowl

I have finished the Maple Leaf Turban! This is such a great and easy pattern to make!
I also had enough yarn left over to knit up a cabled cowl. This was my first cable project and I am thrilled with how easy it is. 

Quick and easy- and super warm! These look great together as a pair!


The turban is a series of knit and purl rows that are "wound" together in the front. I gathered an extra row of knitting to give it a stronger turban look. 
I had been looking for a place to use my Mother's 1960's Maple Leaf pin. I really love it here! Quite fitting. 


This cowl knitted up super fast, hence the name. It's also super cozy.


My first cables! I didn't realize they would be so easy. I'm ready to tackle another cabled project!

Yarn and pattern information can be found at these links:


No comments: