Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Projects: Black Swiss Dot Peasant Blouse

After being inspired to make myself some peasant blouses this Summer, I have one of several complete! 


peasant blouse, my projects, outfit

I used black Swiss dot and vintage pattern Butterick 9768 pictured below. Like the lady in blue, I paired mine with a gingham skirt

peasant blouse, my projects, outfit

The pattern is super simple and fast, which I am hoping will mean I can find the time to complete at least two more before the Summer is over.  I would love even more! 

peasant blouse, my projects, outfit
Photos were taken last Saturday on a very hot day here in Brooklyn on our way to the Renegade Craft Fair. 

peasant blouse, my projects, outfit

I love this blouse and I can't wait to make more! 

Black Swiss Dot blouse: Made by me
Vintage gingham skirt: Trade at Guvnor's
White Bow Sandals: DSW
Vintage red raffia purse: St. Louis (forgot the name of the store!)
Cherry necklace: Trashy Diva (gift from Husband on our Honeymoon in New Orleans!)
Sunglasses: Tres Noir from Betty Page Clothing

5 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Ooooh, what a classic, charmingly fantastic outfit! I so adore peasant blouses, too - and the fact that, though they look at first glance like they might not be too figure flattering (IMO), once on they almost are.


Wishing you a beautiful Sunday and start of July, dear Karen!

♥ Jessica

Draped in Cloudlets said...

What a wonderful outfit, the blouse is perfect!

Unknown said...

Thank you Jessica! I agree- peasant blouses don't seem to be flattering on the hanger, but on the body they are!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!

ooobop! said...

Love this peasant top. I have made a few but after seeing this it is clear that I really need a black one!! Thanks for such wonderful inspiration x